Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Mornings



This week has been a test of my strength, a test of my patience, a test of my heart. It's been amazing and uplifting and overwhelming. I'm grateful for the chance to grow so quickly and accomplish so much in such a short time, but I'm also grateful every week isn't as tough as this.

I'm grateful that I have more strength than I can imagine, and even when it's hard, I have the power to heal myself, especially with the support of others.

I'm still coalescing my thoughts in a lot of ways, and I'm just not ready to write extensively. But I heard this song in the car today and started crying, because it just hit at the right time. I lost a lot and gained a lot this week, and when I say that, I see your image of the pendulum. I hope to find some balance. I hope I won't always be living out my mistakes. I hope I give more than I take, I love more than I cry, and I find peace in the chaos. And I hope that for the many  people who have come to me this week, in crisis, in healing, in pain. I hope that for the people I've hurt, because that's haunting me right now.

/rant

2 comments:

  1. “Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away.” -Barbara De Angelis

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you seen the video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocDlOD1Hw9k

    ReplyDelete